Today Luke previews the Snugpak Scorpion 3 Tent! Inexpensive 4 Season Protection!
Price : Retail is $399 but can be picked up on Amazon at the time of filming for $269.95
When you’re spending quality time outdoors, the last thing you need is for the rain and wind to spoil your fun. Scorpion is an expert in this field.
A new addition to the Snugpak range, the Scorpion 3 is a sleek, three person tent, designed and built to fend off those fierce winds that kick up from time to time, and for long term hard use. With its 5000mm PU fly, it can also handle large amounts of rain, making sure you and your gear stay dry.
The Scorpion 3™ is also a Fly First pitch type tent so you can quickly set up the fly and seek shelter from the elements.
• One door and three vents for comfortable air circulation
• Ten internal mesh pockets to keep your kit off the ground creating more available floor space (5 on each side)
• All seams are sealed and taped
• 190t Nylon PU 5000mm groundsheet to ensure the tent stays 100% waterproof (bath tub style)
• Shape / Style 3 person tent
• Flysheet is a lightweight 210t Polyester RipStop with a 5000mm waterproof polyurethane coating
• Inner Tent constructed of 190t Nylon with Polyester Mesh
• 50D Polyester No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net.
• Flame Retardant
• Hanging loop at the head end of the sleeping compartment
• DAC® Featherlite NSL® anodized poles with pressfit connectors
• All DAC® Poles are made from TH72M aluminium
• Alloy Stakes (18 + 2 Spare Stakes)
• Available in Olive Outer with Black Inner only
• Trail Weight – 2.93kgs (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
• Pack Weight – 3.4kgs (Fly, Poles, Inner Tent, Stakes, Guy Ropes & Stuff Sack)
For individuals over 6’5 you may want to try this tent out to see if it will work for you. I had a friend of mine hope in and he fit comfortably at that height but if he was any taller it wouldn’t.
Like most three person tents you can cramp three people in but two will be comfortable. three will be close.
Great for Stealth camping
Vestibule will keep out the rain
I use a foot print with all of my tents and this is no exception. That is a personal choice to extend the life of the product.
There are three poles, and each pole is color coded to a small piece of fabric on the end of pole sleeve (2 identical poles with green pole selections to match to two sections of green band, and gray to gray). This tent is a fly first pitch.
The pole sleeves were really reinforced, and I see them lasting a long time as it is a tougher material rubberized type of material.
COLOURS AVAILABLE Olive
WEIGHT Trail Weight – 2.93kgs (Fly, Poles & Inner Tent)
Pack Weight – 3.4kgs (Fly, Poles, Inner Tent, Stakes, Guy Ropes & Stuff Sack)
PACK WEIGHT 2930g
PACK SIZE 43cm(L) x 21cm(W)
SEASONS Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
SHELTER WEIGHT 5.00 LBS TRAIL WEIGHT 6.44 LBS (Fly, Inner Tent & Poles) PACK WEIGHT 7.47 LBS
Make sure to check out TOGR website.
Come Join Us on Facebook and Twitter: